Saturday, July 24, 2010

Family


Yesterday my Grandfather died. He was 97, lived a fantastic, full, healthy life. With his death I realized that I no longer have any living grand-parents.
It has me thinking a lot about family. How ridiculously precious each unit is. Probably because Zoey's death "anniversary" is right around the corner. Four years.
I find myself flooded with the emotions that family brings. How amongst all the chaos some members bring(myself included) how each person makes us whole.
I think about Duane and McKenzie. I daydream of Zoey and her very important role(albeit short, but valued). I think how Brenton's birth will complete my own little family.
Each link has value- it can't be replaced. With death we learn how to adapt to their absence, but we never forget their existence.

1 comment:

Joelle said...

((HUGS))