Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Brenton: You're 6 months old today!

Happy 6th month, sweet boy!! It's hard to fathom that you've been apart of our lives for half a year. We're half way to celebrating your first birthday and that's insane to me. Again, I know this is repetitious, but if you could just stay little for just a little longer, I'd really appreciate it! You've hit all sorts of milestones this month. You have your first teeth(one half way out, the other next to it is just starting to surface). You can sort of see your pearly whites in the above picture. You're sitting unsupported. You need someone close by because you'll just topple over sporadically without warning. You seem so satisfied with this new feat! You're eating solids now. Typically once in the afternoon and once in the evening. You've recently decided that solids are WAY better than bottles and you're trying to protest them. You have to hold off on being such a big boy until you get more teeth! When we were out to eat with friends this week, you were sitting in the highchair and decided to grab a handful of your sisters HOT cheese and pepperoni. You were less than satisfied with my removing it from your grasp. You're rolling over in both directions. Though you almost never do. You hate, hate, hate, being on your belly and I don't really push you. I figure you'll get there eventually. You're sleeping through the night(Bless you, boy) and still taking two or more naps a day You love to sleep.
You love water and last weekend took a dip in the pool for the first time. You LOVED it. You have a super calm nature. Last week was my last week at work. I quit to stay home with you and your sister. You've been pretty fussy this week and I cannot figure out if it's because of the change of routine or lack for sleep since your sister LOVES to wake you. Overall though, no complaints for you. Speaking of your sister... You love her. You glow when she's in the room. You follow her around with your eyes; you like to "play" with her(with your toys). You think she's the coolest thing since sliced bread. And she loves you back. I really can't ask for more.
I love, love, love you. It's so hard to grasp. It's hard to imagine that this house was missing something prior to you. It feels like your sweet little self has been here the entire time. But as 'big' as 6 month sounds- you're still just my sweet, cuddly, boy. You're so easy to please and I can only hope you continue through life with this care free attitude. I understand why God tells us to be humble like a child. It's the innocence of you that I want to recreate in myself. It's pretty neat to experience motherhood and realize that sometimes in the big picture of life, it's the tiny moments that really matter. Your sister and I often remind me to take some time to "smell the roses." I often put the pause breaks on life so I can savor these moments; in the blink of an eye you and your sister will be grown. I am enjoying this wild ride, sweet boy.



I can't say it enough. I love you until my heart aches. I explode with joy just looking at you. You're my sweet chubba Bubba and I HEART you.


Love you to the moon and back,


Mommy-

No comments: