Friday, January 6, 2012

Brenton: You're 15 months old

I simply cannot believe how fast these last 3 months have gone by. This isn't my first time going through a baby growing up faster than I'd like, but it's still so, so, surreal.



You are the sweetest baby. You love to cuddle with me and you give the sweetest kisses. You're a total Mommas boy, through and through. Some days I realize that i am so, so, blessed by this and other days it is exhausting. Sometimes I need a break and you'll often cry even if your Dad has you. I'm learning to cherish these moments because one day, you'll think I am the biggest dork ever and avoid showing emotion to me at all cost.

 Even  though you're sweet with me you've also become quite the little bruiser. You're constantly throwing little 'baby' fits, pulling hair, and sporadically biting! You're not aware of the fact that EVERY toy doesn't always belong to you and sharing is a word that you must learn. I thought that because you're not the only kid in this house that sharing would  come easier to you. I was wrong. You know what you want and how to get it! Work on that, OK?
 These last few months you've done lots of new things! The most obvious from photo one to the subsequent ones is you had your first haircut. Daddy took the pictures and they suck(for lack of a better term!) but you look more handsome than ever. Who would have thought that was possible.

You're saying a handful of words: No, Yah, uh-oh, ball, bye bye, to name a few. I don't expect you to talk too much because your sister NEVER shuts up. Ever. Ever. Ever. And if you ever get any words in between her jabbering, I'll be highly impressed! Although, I will say, that you're constantly talking in baby jibberish. All day long. You're quite passionate about it, too. You often use your hands, raise your eye brows, and tell me your stories. It's  the funniest thing. Ever.

You're pointing, waving bye-bye, blowing kisses, giving high-fives, following simple directions(IE: Go find your ball, etc!) eating with a spoon, clapping(finally!) and slowly learning your body parts!

And now to discuss what you're not doing. Sleeping through the night. We've tried it all: Cry it out, rocking, noise machines, music, lights on, lights off, paci's and no paci's, etc, etc, etc! And you still wake. Enough said.
You're such a beautiful baby. Inside and out. People stop us all the time to tell me how adorable you are. And you just smile and radiate this energy about you that makes people, even strangers, melt to the floor. The world has big plans for you. And I am patiently waiting to watch you fulfill God's plan.

You're amazing. Sweet. Lovable. You complete our little family in ways we never deemed possible. You fill my heart. You make me so, so, happy. Keep being you, my beautiful baby boy.

I love you to the moon and back, Mama.

No comments: