Saturday, May 26, 2012

McKenzie- You're 4 and a half years old!


Happy half-birthday sweet girl!


 You've learned so much over the last six months. And you're quickly becoming too independent for my liking. It amazes me what a difference a few months makes. You're able to do simple math(adding and subtracting items placed in front of you). You can both recognize and write most of your letters. You recognize and write your numbers(up to 12). Just this week you made great strides in learning to tie your shoes all by yourself. You get stumbled a bit, but you keep on trying to perfect this new feat. You're a bright little girl with loads of potential and I cannot wait to see all the things you learn over the next few months.

In a few weeks you will be participating in your first big dance recital. Dancing has brought you out of your normal shy shell and made you shine. You love to dance. You love your teachers. I am happy that you didn't let your fears of trying something new hold you back from doing something you love. Face your fears. Conquer  them. And reap the rewards.
 You started school again this week. You were hesitant at first, but you LOVE going and meeting new friends. You're a social butterfly with your friends. Sometimes you find yourself getting into trouble for talking when you're not supposed to be talking. You're definitely a girl.

You often tell me that you're not really four, you're nine. And sometimes I think in my head that you may be right. You're mature beyond your years. You have a heart for other people that makes my heart explode. You're super empathetic and are really grasping the concept of how others may react to your actions.

You don't like to be excluded and when you are you're little heart breaks and it breaks for me. I think that your sweet little soul wants everyone to see the good in you that you see in them. From your beautiful blue eyes your world is perfect. The world is a beautiful place and I can only pray that you're able to view it in that manner forever.
You LOVE pretending to be a mommy. You have what seems like a hundred baby dolls. You dress them, rock them, swaddle them. You always want to help with your brothers care. He's often quite annoyed by your persistence to assist. But you keep going. You're going to make a wonderful mother one day.

I am so proud to be your Mommy. I love watching you learn and grow. I love watching your faith in the Lord grow. I love how innocent and curious you are. You can be as stubborn as a mule. You're sassy and spirited. Some days I want to pull my hair out. But I am often reminded that one day you'll be a beautiful, strong, intelligent woman. It's not easy raising such a strong spirited little girl, but I know as child, then a teen, and then an adult that you'll remember to make the right decisions. That you'll always be a leader. Just try to remember to continue to love- blindly.

We love you to the moon and back,

Mama

No comments: