Saturday, October 6, 2012

Brenton- You're two years old today!

Happy, Happy, Birthday, Beautiful boy!
 
 
 Nearly three years ago when your Daddy and I were deciding if we wanted another baby the fears of pregnancy flooded my mind. I wasn't too sure that I wanted to jump onto the roller coaster of a subsequent pregnancy again. When we finally decided I was over joyed when we became pregnant with you right away. Your pregnancy was filled with some worries in the beginning and shock when we learned you were a boy- but you entered our lives and filled our hearts to depths we didn't even realize were possible.
 
This year has been a crazy year- from starting school, to a broken head(literally) there has never been a dull moment. Brenton, it has seriously been on of the best years of my life. You're simply amazing in everything you do. You're ridiculously sweet and uber stubborn all at the same time. You're the true definition of boy. You're always bruised somewhere, nearly almost dirty(even after we've just bathed you!) and always, always, looking for trouble! You keep us on our toes every second you're awake.
 

 
You've learned so much this year. You're talking a lot, and in short sentences. You know ALL of you body parts and most of your colors. You're counting to three, eating by yourself, and becoming more and more independent. You're also starting to show some interest in going to the potty by yourself. To put it shortly, you're leaving your babyhood behind and jumping into toddler hood faster than I'd like.
 
You still LOVE your blankey. And you're still not consistently sleeping through the night. Sigh. You're a total cuddle bug and love to cuddle next to me, sniffing your blankey, while I rub your hair. It melts me.
 
 
 
 
I hope your day was as great for you as it was for me. I love you, Bub. More than words can explain. My heart is finally full and complete with the existence of you. You're beautiful, inside and out. I hope you keep your curious heart for a long time and remember to love God first and everyone you encounter. If you show that even the smallest bit of love that you show me- the world will be blessed beyond reason.
 
Love you to the moon and back,
 
Mama

No comments: