Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Happy 7th birthday in Heaven, Zoey!

 
Tomorrow you turn seven. I cannot believe it. Happy, Happy, Birthday beautiful, sweet, girl!
 
 Today, I really didn't think I'd have the energy to write anything. Honestly, I've caught myself in tears a few times today thinking about you and the day you came into our lives. It's bittersweet. It's the best day ever. We were finally parents. And the worst news ever. You were born with a broken heart. And subsequently hearing that news broke our hearts.

I could write about what you should be doing. I could write about the things we're missing out on. But, today isn't about any of that. Today is celebrating your life, no matter how short. And we loved every second of it. We loved  the challenges, the victories, the experience. The truth is, no matter how hard the outcome would be, we wouldn't change a single thing. God made you the way you were for a reason. I obviously don't understand the reasoning, but I am grateful for the ride.

I am blessed to be your mother. I am blessed to have  had the opportunity to sing to you, smell you, cuddle you, learn from you, and most of all, love you. You're amazing. You're never, ever, not on my mind. My heart was broken the day you flew home. It's still broken. But my heart is filled with love and pride and  that supersedes the heartache.

So, tomorrow, celebrate. Celebrate turning 7. Celebrate impacting so many peoples lives. Celebrate being born. Being loved. Being remembered(every second of every day). And remember I will always be your advocate, your voice, and your mommy.

Enjoy your cake with Jesus,

Love you to the moon and back,

Mama

1 comment:

Alicia said...

This is my favorite birthday letter to Zoey, yet. So sweet. So beautiful. Just like your love for her.