Tuesday, May 12, 2015

McKenzie- You're 7 years old today!

 

I am so, so, late posting this. But, it has been written for awhile. I guess my mom brain forgot to actually post on your  birthday.
 
 
 
 
Happy, Happy, 7th birthday to my gorgeous girl.

 

Kenzie you simply amaze me. You’re strong and smart. Beautiful and sweet. You have such an empathetic soul  and it makes me glow from ear to ear.

 
You started first grade this year. You have excelled past any of our expectations. You’re reading exploded over the summer and you’re reading books far advanced for your age. You love to read, write, spell. Your memory astounds me most days. You can be told something one time and it seems to stay engraved in your brain forever. I really wish this was a trait I also had. Sadly, it is not.

 


You have several BFF’s(Best Friends Forever(s) ). You love dance still(and you’re quite good at it). You’re a natural competitor and you become so frustrated if things don’t go exactly how you planned. You’ll try and try and try some more until you master whatever you’ve set your mind to. This is an awesome quality to have, keep it.

You’re still obsessed (read: OBSESSED) with your babies. You love your dolls, but real babies light your face up like none other. Your past times nowadays include playing with your babies, Rainbow looming, reading, and the occasional YouTube tutorials and family shows(with babies, of course!).

I see a lot of me in you. I see how stubborn you can be. How you can be aloof when meeting new people, but how you’re so, so, loyal to those who’ve gained your trust. You care so much about how your actions impact other people. As a mom, I really couldn’t ask for much more.

 
 


 


The whole world is your canvas. As your mommy it is scary to let you have your brush and paint it as you see fit, but I am excited to see the path you create. I am stoked to see your dreams and aspirations come true. I am excited for the world to love you like we love you. Always remember to reach for the stars. Remember to let your heart guide you and you’ll never be wrong.


Love you to the moon and back,


Mama

No comments: