Friday, January 4, 2008

What's wrong with this picture(s)?

McKenzie at 1 PM McKenzie at 5 AM


When did I sign up for a nocturnal baby? My sweet little girl prefers her eyes to be shut during the normal hours of most functioning humans. My eyes are bloodshot and I beg her to sleep and instead- she is busy "playing" under her play gym and I am posting my second blog! I have heard "keep her awake" from a plethora of oh, so helpful folks- but seriously that is a tad easier said than done! Meaning she doesn't wake from her peaceful slumber as easy as the helpful bystanders said she would. Instead she sleeps through baths, diaper changes, and the occasional bounce on the knee. Sure, she'll open those baby blue peepers long enough to let me know I have disturbed her- but soon after it's lights out!
Anyone have any realistic remedies to turn this baby's "day" into "night"? Or is 5 AM going to be my new 1 PM for a longgggg time?



On a side note: Kenzie's appt went well. She weighs in at 10 pounds even(50th percentile) and is 22 inches long(75th percentile)!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Apparently I have the same advice that already doesn't work for you... so I'v efot nothing. Hope you find something, and soon!