Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Camping- Urban style!

This past weekend we made the 3 hour(It actually took 5 hours with a cranky 7 month old) drive to Bell, Florida for a birthday party. The birthday girl wanted to go camping and invited her attendees to do the same.
I haven't camped since I was a kid with my parents. I surely wasn't going to brave the 90 degree temps with McKenzie in tow. So, we spent the day at the springs and camped in the comfort of my God parents air conditioned home. I know, I know, how "sissy" of me. Well we managed to escape the weekend showered and insect bite free.
McKenzie had a fun time showing off her new skill and I had fun removing the dirt from her hands! She sat in the 72(brr) degree water but freaked when we attempted to actually take her in. I am reminded every day what a blessing she is. She really is a sweet, calm natured, little girl. Maybe when she's a bit older and the weather is a bit cooler, we'll try traditional camping.

No comments: