Thursday, August 21, 2008

Germs everywhere!

As mentioned in the previous post, McKenzie has been sick. We finally took her to the pediatrician and she indeed has a respiratory infection. Her prize is a 10 day supply of Amoxicillan(Duane and I are both allergic to this and she seems to be just fine with it).

Her spirits have been decent. Her solid intake minimal. Last night for dinner she did eat an entire jar of Chicken and Sweet Potatoes and a cup of fruit cocktail. She even had 1/2 a piece of veggie thin crust pizza. So, just maybe, she's finally moving on from this silly bug.



I've been praying and pleading with God above that I somehow, someway, avoided this bug. Nope. Yesterday I felt the yucky sore throat and nasal pressure. So, I've decided to attempt to combat it early with a supply of Zicam along with Vitamin C tablets. This stuff is supposed to cut the cold symptoms in half and help prevent it from getting worse if taken soon! So far it seems to be working well. I just hope it STAYS that way. The stuff taste like chewing an aspirin. So, it better be worth it!

Saturday bright and early(730 AM take of time) we leave for the beautiful state of Oregon to visit my in laws! I am stoked. I am not looking forward to the very long flight with a VERY mobile little girl. I just keep hoping and praying that she'll sleep the entire 7 hours of travel time. Wishful thinking, huh? Kenzie is packed(Duane joked that although I packed a billion outfits I didn't even make a dent in her closet) and ready to go. We've got enough baby friendly snacks to keep a daycare fed!

This is the first time McKenzie will meet her Papa and Grandma and I know she'll love it there. I think she'll particularly like Buddy(a cute pup for her to chase)!

So, obviously, I'll be MIA from the blogging world for just over a week!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hopefully your cold wont be bad. Have fun on your trip.