Sunday, June 14, 2009

Paranoia gets the best of me... Again

This weekend I watched a video(a bit too graphic to post) regarding forward facing car seats versus rear facing car seats. It instantly tugged at my heart because Kenzie has been forward facing since about 15 months.

After watching the video I instantly wanted to turn her and I was able to without issues in my car since her Britax rear faces to 35 pounds. Duane's car seat doesn't, though. We bought it just for pickups from daycare which is literally a two minute drive home. I thought about it, obsessed over it, called a few good friends about it- and finally came to my own conclusion that I had to get her another seat for his car, too. This way he could switch her as well. Oddly enough my Mother called me to tell me about a segment on Good Morning America she watched regarding the EXACT same thing. Call it a sign or whatever, Kenzie's little bum was going to ride rear facing.

The difference with crash dummies is drastically different from forward facing children to Rear facing children. The only regrets I have currently is turning her around in the first place. Better safe than sorry, right?

So I didn't want to take a total loss for the Nautilus I bought for Duane's car so I posted it on Craigslist and within 2 hours had a buyer. Sold. Used that cash towards the cost of a new rear facing seat. So we're rocking a new seat in Duane's car!

Obviously my point is to share my own paranoia with those fellow readers not to attempt to pursue anyone in either direction. It works for us and I've mentioned before that I promised to listen to my gut when Zoey died and it hasn't failed me sense!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Fabulous move selling the other one on Craig's List! I would have NEVER thought of that!