Saturday, August 29, 2009

McKenzie: You're 21 months old!

Oh, Baby Girl. 21 months old is hard for Mommy to mutter from my mouth. Saying you're 21 months makes me realize that you're SO ridiculously close to two and I am still in denial about that. I think I have spent a nice chunk of your life stating how fast you're growing. Today is no different. You're a vivacious little spirit. Some people may assume this means you're spoiled to the core; however, they're only partially correct. You remind me of myself. Not just with the stories that Nanny shares with me from my own toddler hood, but even now in adulthood. You're stubborn,opinionated, funny, and full of energy. You're constantly testing new boundaries and hate for anyone to detour you from your desires. NO is not in your vocabulary and I am sure you're sick of hearing it ALL. THE. TIME. Even though you can be trying for your Father and I we are very grateful for your independent personality.
You're learning to talk more and more everyday. You tell us each time you've done your business in your pants and often insist on wearing your panties. You typically remember that "I peeped" a tad too late but you are understanding the concept. You LOVE making animal sounds and banging your hands on your chest like a monkey. It's probably the cutest thing I have ever witnessed.
You have also learned to do motions to all of your favorite songs. You're favorite song is "The Wheels on the Bus!" And you LOVE making your hands "honk" the horn. You LOVE saying, Beep, Beep, Beep! Again. Adorable.
You're a little sponge. Often as adults we slowly lose that curiosity we had as children. I hope you never will. Keep it, Kiddo!


You LOVE three things almost as much as your Mommy and Daddy. The Paci, The blankey, and Yo Gabba Gabba.
We're working on you losing that bink here shortly, much to your dismay. It'll be a bittersweet moment in my life as it is the last piece of your babyhood.
What seems like every. two. minutes. You hand us the remote and protest your love for DJ Lance and his friends. You INSIST on playing Yo Gabba Gabba- Saying, Gabba Gabba over and over until we're ready to pull our hair out. The show is oddly entertaining for both Daddy and I- and watching how excited you get when the theme song comes on melts my heart....
You love, love, love, your blanket. This wasn't something you were attached to until close to a year, but you've been an addict ever since. You have lots of loveys, but this is by far your favorite. You rub it on your cheek as you lay down for sleep... Insist on eating breakfast with it... and drag it to places NO blankey should go. You LOVE it.


You've been in daycare for three-months now. I honestly was coming to terms that you may never adjust. However, it true Kenzie fashion it just clicked. One day you decided this place wasn't all that bad and you enjoyed it. You now RUN into your classroom and often embarrass Daddy by refusing to leave(Don't do that to Mommy, OK)?!
You have many friends there and you and another little girl are often caught in a corner rocking and loving on baby dolls. You tell me ALL about Donna(one of your teachers) at bath time.
I was SO guilty leaving you at first. Now I can see how happy it makes you. It's really allowed to to socialize with other kids and a lot of your quirks are disappearing. You've learned SO much since starting there and all together we're a happier family now.




In closing I wish words could express how much I love you. I often ponder about life before you came and it was so dull. You definitely complete our family sweet girl. Keep up your craziness and know that through all the chaos we wouldn't change one single thing about you.
Love you to the moon and back,
Mommy


1 comment:

Joelle said...

i've thought lately of starting a blog, but between your's and Alicia's tributes to your girls i can't imagine being able to keep up with such beautiful writing.

Kenzie is a lucky girl to have a great mommy like you! and i hope that someday (maybe some day past the teenager tantrums), she'll come to realize that and thank you!