Sunday, November 8, 2009

Ccchanges!

Last night the health care reform bill passed in the senate. Surprise. Please don't speculate that I think our current plain is all roses and daisies; however, it seems a little much for my liking. My friends in Canada and the UK remind me often of waiting MONTHS to see a Primary Care Physician an and that just sucks(for lack of a better term). Government funded abortions make me want to vomit. Do what you need to do, but I don't think my taxes should have to fund your decision.

A friend of mine explained about vaccines being forced upon us. If we opt not to, we don't get coverage?!? Seems a little extreme, eh? I vaccinate McKenzie, but we've delayed several and rejected some.

I am all for some reform. However, I am quite happy investing in our health care and although I'll admit my family has decent coverage and that may make some believe my stance is bias; I also think some folks will take advantage of the situation. Why work for health care when we get it for "free."

I laugh when people refer to it as FREE. Who is it free for? Those who don't work, but can. Those who opt out of health care, but CAN get it. Remember folks, we have always had Medicare for our elderly, Medicaid for our children and poor. So who exactly benefits from this?


Enough political talk.


McKenzie has been running around stark naked today. She has successfully peed on the potty 4 times. Woo Hoo. The last time I assumed she didn't have to go(we sung wheels on the bus until my voice hurt). She went into the living room, sat her naked bum on my couch, and her eyes lit up. She RAN to the bathroom- insisted I sing AGAIN- and poof... PEE!! We hugged, kissed, kissed some more per her request, wiped a few hundred times- and flushed and waved bye bye to her Pee Pee. She then was rewarded with 2 M&M's.

Maybe, just maybe, she's getting the concept. The last potty session reminded me of that since she independently RAN back in there. Who knew going potty would involve such a song and dance(literally)!

2 comments:

Jennifer A. said...

It was the House of Representatives. The Senate doesn't expect to pass anything until January. And so far, government funded abortions have been stricken from the bill. Abortion proponents will try to get it back in, but so far, the Stupak-Pitts Amendment will keep it out.

Congrats on the potty training.

Lisa said...

Yeah, I realized that later that day(The senate vs the house). My bad. Still annoying nonetheless.