Monday, December 6, 2010

Brenton: You're two-months old today!

Baby boy- time really does fly. I've said that over the last three-years as I watched your sisters infancy rush by me, leaving me in the dust. I guess what I've been praying for is that you'd slow down a bit, let me enjoy the last sounds and smells of a newborn, before you grew right before my very eyes.

No such luck! You're growing at an even faster rate than your sisters and I'm trying to savor your babyhood, day by day, moment by moment if need be.

It's insane the difference one-month makes when you're referring to a baby. You're such a sweet boy. You're no longer fussy(unless it's time to eat) and you're really enjoying the world around you.
I often forget that each time you see something new, it's brand new to you. You've never seen Christmas lights before, so of course it's fascinating to you. You're learning about your new world right before my very eyes and that fascinates me little guy!

You're incredibly strong. You almost never get tummy-time as this could be hazardous to your health(think wild three-year old sister and even wilder dog) and yet you have no issues holding your head high!
You make the sweetest baby sounds and smile ALL the time! You've laughed out loud a few times while awake, but do it all.the.time. in your sleep. It's hysterical! I'd pay good money to know exactly what you're dreaming about.



You love to eat! Every time someone sees you they comment on how much chubbier you are from the last time they saw you. You're sleeping through the night(Thank you!), and eating 5 ounces every 3 hours! You love bath time and if you're fussy this almost instantly calms you. You also have found that it's great fun to suck on your hands! You have some amazing suction power! You love your paci, car rides, and your Sissy! You're an awesome, easy going, calm natured, little guy!
We've nicknamed you Chubba Bubba, Boody(no idea, don't ask), and Bubba! I don't think you'll ever learn your real name as oftne as you're called one of the above names!

In closing- we love you. So, So, much! We never knew we were missing YOU before you. But you are the link that completes our family. We're blessed to be your parents.
Love you to the moon and back,
Mama




1 comment:

Alicia said...

LOVE the picture of his sweet feet! And I'm glad he's turning from fussy to happy. Happy babies just brighten everyone's day! Happy 2 Month birthday, Brenton!