Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tis the season

A good friend of mine recently had a blog about favorite, meaningful, ornaments.



This one I actually bought for myself. It has "The Lord is my Shepard" verse written on it. It reminds me of all of my loved ones that have left for Heaven. It's a reminder about how blessed we are each time I see it. We try not to get involved in the commercial reasons behind Christmas. We don't expose McKenzie to Santa and she calls him "Grandpa" every time she sees a Santa in the mall or a decoration. When she is old enough we'll tell her about Saint Nicholas and the true story of him without the whole Fat man forced down a chimney side!

On Christmas eve we read to her the story of Jesus' birth. This ornament symbolizes that- it's so simple, yet so profound that the sweet baby Mary and Joseph are holding would soon become our Savior-
My sister gave this to Duane and I on our first Christmas as a married couple. It's wicked heavy and often breaks branches- but it's our first one given to us together- and it remains on our tree yearly.


Bought this one this year- Our family. Finally complete!



Brenton's baby ornament-(These uploaded in opposite order, grr)!




McKenzie's



My dear friend Danielle sent this on Zoey's first Christmas. It was THE only thing given to Zoey that year and it was our hardest Christmas ever as we were without our baby girl and had no other babies. Our house was quiet and calm and dreary. I'll never be able to thank her enough for including Zoey in Christmas that year. It's by far my favorite ornament-

It reads: "Zoey's first Christmas in Heaven 2006"








No comments: