Monday, March 10, 2008

Forgive me.. It's been awhile.


I tend to forget I even belong to the whole blogging world. Probably because I am fairly certain that Alicia is the only one who reads this.


So, how just how long have I been missing from the Internet? Over a month. A lot has changed since then with Duane and I. McKenzie seems to be a totally different kid.


Let. me. think. One week ago I took McKenzie into her doctor for the second visit regarding her congestion(the kid has sounded like a Mack Truck for nearly 8 weeks) where the nurse practitioner decides she has reflux- not the common cold they diagnosed her with last visit. She decides to have me add cereal to her bottles. So, I tried. The rice did nothing but make her MORE constipated(think when she's a teen she'll forgive me for constantly talking about her body functions). So, we switched to oatmeal. It does work OK; however, she takes only about a fourth of what she normally consumes. I decide that I'd much rather have her filled with the nutrients of formula.So, after lots of trial and errors we've only been adding cereal in her night bottle since her congestion tends to be worse during these hours. Mind you- she's still congested. Our wonderfully educated nurse practitioner completely dismissed my theory that our baby girl may share the genes of both of her parents and have allergies. *sigh* Here's a sweet little video- make sure you pay extra close attention. Ooh, and she weighed in at 12 pounds 14 ounces. Sheesh, how fast is she growing?



Kenzie is 15 weeks today. She has changed immensely in the last few months. It really is amazing watching her develop into her own little person. She grabs at toys- smiles- talks constantly. She lifts and holds her head steady- and is obsessed with her fingers and hands. She is quite the drool bucket these days. She has learned to giggle within the last few weeks- I noticed that when I gave her mouth smooches she would giggle. So, I stupidly did this right after a bottle and got a mouthful of leftover formula(AKA spit-up) YUM! I am looking forward to the future to watch her grow even more!

I'll try to keep this going more efficiently. Hope to see you in a few more weeks.

No comments: