Thursday, March 13, 2008

Gotta love advice!

Even if it is unwanted!
My Aunt and I were talking(mind you this particular Aunt believes she'll be a rainbow when she dies, lives at home with a plethora of animals and has 0 kids). Anyway, she told me that I am going to make McKenzie too dependent. Why?Well, our little Kenz does not self soothe. Meaning, she NEEDS her paci to sleep. Does not fall asleep alone(we use the swing for naps- and a bottle and rocking for bedtime). How do you break them of this? I am not overly concerned as she is only 3 months and like I told my Aunt she should be dependent at this age. I would speculate that they eventually outgrow the need for Mommy to be present for sleep, right?Out of curiosity- do you nurse/feed your baby to sleep; do you use some sort of great rocking device(The swing)? Or does your baby just go in his/her crib/bassinet and drift off into a wonderful slumber. Did want to add that MOST days Kenzie plays by herself on the floor(she does break her neck to watch me though)- and does not need constant stimulation from me. Days she does she gets it. Oh, well!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Kyra was given a bottle, read to and rocked (all at the same time)every night before bed. Some nights she would be asleep before she was put in bed, other nights we swaddled her up snug as a bug in a rug style, put a cork in her mouth and let her put herself to sleep.

Maybe you should do the same with your aunt? The cork in the mouth part that is... I know, thats so wrong!

Lisa said...

Yes, Maybe I should. Oi!