Monday, September 22, 2008

Feeling sentimental

Then McKenzie is quickly closing in on 10 months(only 4 more days as a 9-month old). I am simply awe struck how much she's changed over the last 9 months.
When we brought her home from the hospital, she was this helpless 7 lb 5ounce newborn. So new and helpless.

Today? Her personality is developing every day. She's really a sweet baby. She kisses everything and everyone without being prompted to do so. She's learning to share and will give a toy to another baby without being told to do so.

She's really understanding what she's being asked to do. For instance, if I point and verbally ask for a toy in her hand- the vast majority of the time she'll give it to me. If I ask, "Where's Daddy?" or "Where's Doggy?" She looks and laughs hysterically when she finds them.
I love how independent she's becoming; however, I love how dependent she is on me. She gives back love with each gesture, each open mouthed, sloppy kiss. She's a constant reminder of God's blessings to Duane and I.

Her eyes light up with every new thing learned. She listens and watches intently when we're trying to teach her a new task.
She's an independent soul. A beautiful, intelligent, baby who is changing into a toddler right before our very eyes.
Now















2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Lisa...Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of this journey. She is so precious and sweet, just like her momma!

I can't believe it either. It seems as though we try to soak up and absorb everything they do because time goes by so fast, but we can't. It just seems like it goes by too fast sometimes and we mommas are left in the dust trying to figure out where the time went.

Kenzie is too cute for words. Thank you for sharing her with me.

Alicia said...

Just wait, this will certainly NOT be your last nostalgic look back. Get used to it... it's a harder road for us then it is for them!

But look how far she's come!