Thursday, November 27, 2008

McKenzie: You're one year old!!


Yesterday you turned one year old. We celebrated the day by having your First Birthday photos taken and we squeezed in your Christmas photos with your cousins, too. We went out to lunch and dinner and you enjoyed some chicken nuggets. You've decided that you don't like when Mommy cuts them and you insist that I give them to you whole so you can bite off chunks like a big girl.


I've enjoyed watching you blossom from a tiny newborn into a face paced, rambunctious toddler. You're personality is shining and those closest to you quickly have learned how stubborn you already are.


You're running circles around us! You're Enjoying pointing to characters in your books at bedtime. Your vocab is increasing and even the photo people heard you VERY clearly say "Ball!" You've learned to hit, which for the record, Mommy and Daddy strongly discourage. You never, ever, sit still unless you're asleep. You drink all your drinks from big girl cups and you're trying VERY hard to learn to use utensils when you eat. You're attached to a silky blanket and that darn pacifier.


Today, 365 days since you came screaming into our lives,I am so proud to be your mother. It's been a face paced, emotionally filled, wild ride. I wouldn't change anything about you. From the moment I was discovered I was pregnant with you I knew you'd bring a very special dynamic into our family. I just never imagined the magnitude of love EVERYONE has for you.


You complete us as a family. You've helped fill a pieces of a broken heart that was left when your sister left us for Heaven. You've been a constant reminder of God's promises and grace to us. You've impacted our lives more than you can even imagine. I love you. Daddy loves you. Thank you for the best year of our lives.


Love always,


Mommy.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Kenzie!!

Unknown said...

Kenzie,

I am so sorry that this is late. I have been out of town. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! What a big girl you are. I have watched you grow through all those pictures. (My favorite is still the Easter one with the bunny ears where you were blowing raspberries at your mom!) I know you had the best birthday a one year old could imagine.

Hugs and kisses sweet girl!!

E George Julia Wells said...

I'm so thrilled for you and Duane, Lisa...Kenzie is a tremendous gift from God, and I'm so grateful to Him that He's given her to you guys to love and care for. She's a blessed little girl to have you guys for parents, just as much as you are blessed to have her, from God.

Love,
E