Saturday, November 15, 2008

Putting baby to bed- Daddy style.

Duane bathed Kenzie tonight per my request. We've recently ditched the bottle so we added a snack with some milk pre-bed to fill her tummy up. After her snack it is her bath time, book time, bedtime.

Duane came down after doing the three steps and a few minutes later Kenzie is screaming. Why you ask?

Well..

1). She was wearing a long-sleeved(non-bed I might add) t-shirt that totally exposes her belly. It came from the give away basket as it is size 3-6 months.

2). She still had her toothbrush in her hand(at least he brushed her teeth)from her bath.

3). Her paci was on our bed. This alone was probably the main reason for her melt down(I know she should be weaned from the paci, but baby steps people!)

4). Her book and alligator xylophone(which was still in the box as it is one of her birthday gifts) was in the crib with her.

5).Our lights were on and the TV was blaring. I wonder why she confused what time it was?!

Needless to say: I turned the lights off, and the TV down. I removed the toothbrush from her hands and the boxed xylophone from her crib. I handed her the beloved paci and off to dream land she went. I left the undersized shirt on for some late night giggles.

I often wonder if he does these sorts of things so I won't call on his services again?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Doesn't it make you wonder what goes through their minds sometimes? Amazing things those Daddy brains!!!

I know you got a picture of her in the shirt?!?!?

Anonymous said...

This stills cracks me up, even reading if for the second time!

In response to your question about the Little Gym - it is indeed a chain, and they have locations in FL - check their website for exact locations. I am sure K would love it!

Jennifer A. said...

Nope, just inexperience. Sometimes I feel like accusing him of being inobservant, but really, I'm just as bad (in other things of course).