Friday, November 7, 2008

Prayers answered and some Random thoughts for the day.

Oh, where should I start?

My father was released from the hospital on Wednesday! His tumor was removed and the pathologist said it was localized. Great news! It was quite large(the size of a baseball). His surgical site was infected so they re-opened it and he was sent home with a doodad that drains it to help it close independently. I was fortunate enough(note the sarcasm) to see the wound OPEN when I went to pick him up. The nurse was getting ready to re-attach the doodad and had left the room. Fun stuff. He has a home health nurse that changes the bandage and watches for infection three days a week. Other than that, he's back to being in great health!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We're in the process of weaning little miss from the bottle. She's currently down to just one bottle a day of formula(we have a can of Enfamil left, we're cheap, it's expensive- so we're not wasting it. Ha). I've started giving her a bottle about an hour from bedtime so she learns to stop associating the bottle with bed. Tonight we read, "Good night Moon" Really is a classic, great book! She did well with night one. I hadn't suspected it would be an issue as we've never allowed the bottle in her crib. We do the bottle in our bed and when she's done she hits the sack. So, the bottle WILL be gone before her first birthday at the end of the month. Yay, us!

I still a bit shell shocked that I am weeks away from being the mother of a toddler. I mean, she does toddler stuff now- I should have been a bit more prepared for it. Oh, well. Here we come!





*note- Doodad must be a real word, because the spell checker didn't correct me*

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Great news about your dad. Glad he is on the road to recovery.
We are still giving Zack a cup just before bed. He gets about 2 ounces of milk with some vitimans. The vitimans we got from the drug store. I wanted something to boost his immune system.
You have got her this far off the bottle, it will probly be pretty easy the rest of the way.

E George Julia Wells said...

Congrats on the weaning! You guys are much smarter than the average parents who seem to wait until the last minute to decide to wean, and then wonder why they have quite the fight on their hands! But then I'd not expect anything else from you and D! :)
You will be a great Mama to toddler K, of course--especially because you've already laid the groundwork for an easier time.
Also I am very happy to hear about your Dad's progress and that he's gone home. Wonderful news! XXOO