Sunday, October 10, 2010

Adjusting



Brenton is 3 and a half days old. He's adjusting well to being at home.


He's eating well, though I am quite sore because of his latch is lazy. This too shall pass.
He's giving me 2-3 hour stretches at night and he's eating every 2 hours during the day.
McKenzie is trying to adjust. She wants to hold, stroke, kiss him ALL day long. She's also refusing Daddy and wants me- which makes things a tad difficult considering her brother is usually attached to me. So we've dealt with a lot of breakdowns for her. I think we've decided that she'll stay in daycare for a few days a week to give us both a nice break!
My friend who is a lactation consultant is coming today to work on getting a wider latch out of him. Hopefully, this will work and he'll stop causing me to curl my toes every time he latches on.
Brenton's first doctors appointment is Monday. Because of a feeding screw up he wasn't circumcised in the hospital, so we'll discuss that with his pedi. IF Duane really wants it done he'll take him to my OB to have it done- if not, we'll leave it alone.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

He is so cute, congrats.