Friday, October 22, 2010

Throwing in the towel!



I really assumed that I'd struggle with Duane and my choice to make Brenton our last baby. We figured that two at home to raise was a perfect fit for us.


I don't have a ton of patience(shocker, right?) and lets be honest, those first few years is rough!
Up until Brenton my two previous c-sections were ridiculously easy. With Zoey we had to use general anesthesia because we couldn't get the spinal in- but the healing aspect was pretty much painless. McKenzie's incision opened up, but again, painless. The actual surgery was SO easy from start to finish. So easy in fact I didn't know they had started until I heard those first cries!
Brenton's? Whew! The c-section sucked. I felt every sensation, every tug, and had to use IV pain meds in addition to the spinal because one tends to freak out when they know exactly what's going on behind that blue sheet!
I still have an infection in my incision. My nipples are probably scarred for life; they're proof of our desperate attempt to breastfeed and apparently unsuccessfully.
Brenton is 16 days old and still jaundice. Though his levels per a test yesterday is still within the "safe zone!" He's just now back to his birth weight of 8 pounds, 12 ounces. Which makes me again think that his lazy suck and latch is the direct culprit of the never ending jaundice and slow weight gain.
So, with all that craziness, we are SO happy to be DONE! No more babies! We're closing the baby making chapter of our lives to focus on the baby raising chapter!
Two happy progress notes? I am down 20 pounds! Woot! And B's penis has healed perfectly from his circumcision. Hope he doesn't hate me 15 years from now for talking about his little "man part!"

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Did you have your tubes tied when you had the baby?

Lisa said...

Yep! :)

CorrieYoung said...

Congrats on Baby Brenton! He's adorable! We still think of Zoey as I'm sure you do. I'm so happy to see you with two healthy kiddos. It's a little bit different of an experience isn't it?

God Bless,
Corrie Young

Sarah said...

I had the most horrible time with my tubes being tied. My sides would hurt with sharp pains. that lasted for several months, getting futher apart and slighter along the way. Sorry your having pain too. I had really heavy periods too. Then my doc put me on birth control pills for 3 months and it helped alot.