Thursday, June 12, 2008

Words.

I finally got McKenzie's first words on video. Dada. Figures, right? She says baba, too. I say Mama to her ALL day long and she looks at me like I have twelve heads. I keep reminding myself that it is just phonetically easier for her to say Dada! Ha.

In other news, McKenzie is sick. Yesterday she refused her bottle before nap(she normally gulps this one down). When she woke she was pretty hot so I took her temperature. 101.5. I took her into her pedi, only to be given a list of what could be's since everything looks good( I thought for sure it was her 1st ear infection). So, we were sent home with watch and wait orders. She refused to drink anything from 12-9! Yikes! She was eating solids- and lots of them. Last night her fever spiked to 103.1 at one point(at 3 Am with blood curdling screaming). She woke this morning with a low fever and still no appetite. Her fever seems to be gone- now we wait for her appetite to return. Poor bub!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I hope she feels better soon. It is always hard when they don't feel good and will not drink much.