Sunday, June 1, 2008

Stupid scale

I joined Weight Watchers 2 weeks ago on Wednesday. So far, I've lost a whopping 3.2 pounds. Don't get too excited for me! Ha ha!

I just bought a new digital scale and the thing is a piece of crap. Some days it'll have my weight 15 pounds less- and then others 10 pounds heavier. I never, never get the same result twice. This can really mess with ones weight loss mindset!

In fact, Mom was over, it had her weight 20 pounds higher than our old school scale and 18 pounds higher than the one she has at home. Its making its fancy way back to Wal-mart to screw with someone else's mind.

On a side note: We're buying new bumpers for Kenzie's crib, too. The ones that came with her expensive fancy set(it was Zoey's) fits all weird- and I had to rig it to make it safe. Anyhow, I was taking them off last night to change her sheets(major pain the rear) and two of the strings broke off. Nice. My reward for this- She was up multiple times from bumping her head- or stuck limbs!

Nice..

*edited to add* Which scales are the most accurate? Digital or the old school kind you set yourself each time? I ask because I got another digital and it is about a 5 pound difference from my old school one?!?

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I avoid scales like the plague, so I have no idea what's wrong with your two digitals.

Go to the fabric section and get a tape measure instead. Start tracking your inches lost instead. Then all you'll have to worry about is human error instead of computer error.

Sarah said...

Have you seen the sheets for cribs from stars and clouds. They sell them at babycenter.com. The bottom wraps all the way around the mattress and the uppr part(the real sheet) zips on and off. I have these for Zack's crib. I love them, so much easier. You don't take anything off to put a new sheet on. I had the regular ones with Christopher and he always went thru his diaper so I know the pain in changing sheets.