Sunday, April 13, 2008

I challenge you my friends...



Ever notice how the vast majority of my blogs start with a cute new picture of my little beauty? Not that I am even a smudge bias! But, she's only has partially do with my request!



I was at a baby shower yesterday. I got slews of new advice from experienced Mom's- As most of you know, Kenzie struggles with a very sensitive belly. She's on some pretty expensive formula and I was explaining this to a "Mom" who inquired.



She suggested, I kid you not, Pet's milk with Karo syrup. She called this the old fashioned formula. But, what she really meant was formula lacking nutritional value that will be sure to rot your child's teeth within the first year. I was a tad confused about her suggestion so I asked my own experienced Mom. She said NO they did NOT use this concoction for us- and Pets milk(my blonde self presumed it was for pets..a big duh on my part I will admit) is the name brand for milk used in baking. That made it that much worse for me.



So, if you thought that was the only weird parenting advice I got. You'd be wrong. Someone asked if I was feeding McKenzie solids. I said that she had just started on some stage one veggies- and she HATED fruits(we've tried most now). She looked at me like I had 12 heads, and told me I was too "by the book." Apparently, her sweet little grandson- has been devouring baby food mush since he was 12 days old!! 12 days! As in..12 days! My jaw about hit the ground.

So, after my wacky adventure. I am curious. What is the best and worse parenting advice you've ever been graced with.. Comment people(and those lurking, I see you.. comment!)

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Worst advice: Don't pick up the baby when they cry, even when I'm not preoccupied.

Seriously? Horrible advice.

Sarah said...

Maybe the lady that told you about the baby eating since he was 12 days was my mother in law...lol...My little boy is about the same age as your little girl. He is not rolling over yet either. He cant stand to be on his tummy, he is also scooting on his back all over.Tho not sitting yet like yours is. Back to my point I started feeding my little boy at a month.He was and is a very hungry boy..I do like your blog..Thanks