Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Parenting Pet Peeves..

I was "tagged" on myspace to list mine so here they are! Oddly enough, I only have 5.


Propping the bottle: I have NEVER propped McKenzie's bottle. She's too busy looking around for it to sit still anyway. Admittedly, I understand that sometimes this must be done, sporadically only of course. But, a constant thing really bothers me. Is it that much of a task to pick your baby up and feed them? Seriously, I have seen bottles(The Podee) that encourages us to be lazy, bottle-propping parents!


Smoking: I cannot tell you how many times I have seen Mom's and Dad's chiefing away with the windows UP in their four-door sedan! Hello! Surely, your little one enjoys their lungs and would love to be able to breathe!


Endless threats: One of the worst for me(maybe it's because of my field of choice before being a Mommy) is hearing a Mom or Dad threatened this or that to the kid. Over and over. With no actual follow through! Hello, you're teaching your kid that all you're doing is running your mouth and there is no real consequence! If you say you're going to do it. Do it! follow through, people!


Just being disgusting: Ever pull into the super market to see a nasty dirty diaper laying next to your car door! Yuck! Seriously, how hard is it to walk it to the trash can. I bought one of those portable bag systems for when you're out and about so you can seal off the nasty diapers in a scented bag until you're able to throw it away. Even if you don't purchase that mechanism- why the heck would you toss your trash in a parking lot?


Baby talk: I definitely soften my voice when I talk to McKenzie. However, I attempt to pronounce all words correctly. I cannot stand when I hear parents talk to their kids(babies and toddlers) in a language only the doting parent understands. You're really setting your little one up for some serious speech issues!





1 comment:

Alicia said...

Ha! Some of those I just cracked up over! But, I'll have to say I agree with them all. I'll do mine soon.