Monday, May 18, 2009

Daycare bound

What a day!

We first viewed the Kindercare daycare. They were about 60 dollars more than the average day care a week in our area.

I was expecting to be JUST as impressed with the programs, class-rooms, etc, that I was with their website and the program directors. She implied that it was this beautifully organized, creative learning plan. It was pretty "typical."

So I headed to another daycare that I thought I LOVED. Bounce houses, slides(in the classroom), ball pits. Loads of fun. I left assuming this would be her daycare; however, I had this unsettling feeling afterward. So after googling the daycare it had 0 good reports and a lot of the reports were left about exactly what I was uneasy about.

The room was HUGE and they had about 25 toddlers in the room with a few teachers. ALL the teachers were teenagers(18, 19ish) and my heart left me with thinking they'd be doing what teenagers did and my kid(and many others) would be playing alone...

So after a few more duds we found our PERFECT center. Price is a bit above average for the area(but still quite less than the first center) but the teachers were "mature" and VERY interactive with McKenzie and their own students. I'd show the website but it list the address so that's a no go. ;) I love, love, love it. I love how they opt to use positive reinforcement to timeouts. She'll have 3 healthy snacks a day there and 1 hot lunch(better than her cold sandwiches here)! One of my favorite parts? It's at a Church(though not affiliated with that particular church) and they teach a non-demoniacal Christian curriculum. So, lots of blessings before meals, songs about Jesus, etc. Yay.

Now we pray that McKenzie adjust well.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Yea for perfect day cares!

Now, Mama Bird, your baby bird will learn to fly. She may flap her wings and hit the ground hard the first day or two, but that's all part of life. In one week, YOU will be the one crying because she's excited to walk through the doors of fun!

Yet another reason I'm homeschooling my girls... I just don't want to cry when they get excited to leave me! A bit selfish, maybe?