Sunday, May 31, 2009

Weekend Rambles...

What can I say, it's been an exhausting weekend. I forgot all too quickly how fast working wears one out. Kenzie has been passing out in random places, too. Apparently, she, too, is feeling the affects of this new schedule. She's had a fever off and on all weekend as well- I've had a majorly sore throat for the last two days. Wonderful daycare/work funk. Lovely. She seems to be adjusting to daycare. Each day her progress report reads something positive- except on Friday it read: "More easily upset" But I really think that was from the starts of her not feeling well. She still finds humor in "yelling" at us upon our afternoon arrival. Gee, thanks! What a way to make your parents feel worse, kid!
We did have some sort of good fortune on Saturday.

My right front tire has been going flat slowly. We kept filling it with air, but our "tire pressure low" light came on nonetheless. Thursday I come out of work and my left front tire was to the rim- flat. I tried to move it out of the handicapped spot I had it in when I realized it may be flat- but I saw sparks flying as it was THAT low.Anyway, today we took in to our dealership. Mainly because we needed an oil change and it's covered under a package we bought when we bought our car a few years ago. Well, when we first bought the car we also bought a "roadside hazard" package, too, for the tires. We mentioned it to the dealership and they said the tires were covered since they were leaking air for no reason. So when I drive I am a bit "curb" happy. More than once I'll admit. I was crossing my fingers that they wouldn't notice that I bent the driver side rim- from one of my happy moments. They did, though. I bent BOTH front rims horribly and it was IMPOSSIBLE for the air to stay in the tires. It's an 800 dollar plus job(2 new tires, 2 new rims)- but my dealership wrote: " Driver ran over objects dropped by semi on the interstate" I totally didn't ask them to do that!! Sooo it WAS covered. Sooo for an oil change, 2 tires, 2 rims, a fixed break light that was out.. 21 bucks!! And that was only because I replaced the air filter!! WOoo Hooo! Once less cost for us!



It's been a busy weekend and I am sure an even busier week. Ahh, 3 more weeks and we're in Ohio for vacay! Woot!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

I miss our severl times a week talks. Sure you don't want to quit your job to sit at home and talk to me on the phone?