Thursday, May 21, 2009

I think she's on to me



See that face? A depressed toddler. I think she understands that in a few short days she'll be left in a daycare while her mother attempts to earn a living to be able to continue to dress her ridiculously cute.


My Mommy guilt is REALLY eating at me. I mean seriously.. in a few weeks daycare will be the NEW cool thing to do for her, but until then I am sure I'll have to pry her off my legs and leave her crying at the door for me. (Note: If she leaves happily, this will be comforting to me- so if my ridiculously cute kid happens to also be a prodigy and is reading this- please, please, go happily).


I've never, ever, left her for this long. Ever. I know lame, right. I do really enjoy being around her the vast majority of the time. Despite the fact that she is suffering from Toddler Syndrome and fusses, whines, and throws-fits for most of her wake time.


In a few short days her little world is going to change drastically. She'll no longer nap in her crib during the week. Instead she'll nap on a mat(best of luck to her teacher)! No more highchairs, but toddler sized chairs and tables(Again, good luck)! Healthy, hot lunches- most of which she'll surely turn her little picky stubborn nose up to at first. They even suggest we use the sippy's they provide since they cannot wash hers in the room. So, her straw cups are left for home only.
Ahhhh. I am assuming I'll go to my first day of work with black streaks from my mascara. The joys of motherhood. Working motherhood.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Aww... Lisa! You'll be alright. (even though you're alrady aware of this fact) Promise!

Joelle said...

i'm hoping you both transition smoothly into your new routines. i had a bit of a hard time the first couple days i worked Christmas season when Rachel was 18 months. and i was leaving her with Alicia, whom i'd trust with my life ... but it was still hard to leave my baby!