Sunday, May 10, 2009

Weekend Ramblings


Yesterday McKenzie woke earlier than normal and within an hour of being up started screaming and shoving her finger in her ear. She was arching and screaming so loud and nothing I did consoled her.
I decided to take her to the ER(her doctor is closed on Saturday) and she had a severe infection. Oddly enough we were in and out in less than an hour. I speculate that her screeching and screaming caused them to hustle a bit more. They put numbing drops in her ears and she nearly instantly stopped crying got down and explored the exam room. She's on antibiotics for ten days. Thankfully she loves the taste this time and I won't have to pry her mouth open like I had to do a few months ago.
Last night we took my Mom out for Mother's day dinner at the Cheesecake factory and brought Kenzie with us. She was ridiculously well behaved considering we waited over an hour to be seated. She loved the Mac and Cheese and this was the first restaurant that I have noticed didn't have a children's menu.
At home McKenzie said her first sentence. She's been practicing with combining words for a few days: "Hi(insert name)!" and "What's that" but last night she very clearly said, "Give that to me!" and has said it several times since. She also has been VERY strongly attempting to snort like a pig. However, she just breathes very heavy and it's quite entertaining. She woofs like a dog now, too.
Mother's day today and Duane let me sleep in until nearly 10AM. What a treat! Kenzie feels 100% better and life is good again today.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Poor Kenzie bug! I can't imagine the pain she must have felt.

I love her first sentence. "Give that to me!" it seems to be a true McKenzie way, always knowing EXACTLY what she wants! LoL