Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sleep or lack thereof.

So McKenzie has forgotten how to do this. For nearly a week she's fighting tooth and nail to lay in her crib and drift off into a peaceful slumber.

I try to remind her that sleep is needed not only for her health, but her Mother's sanity. I need her to sleep.

I attempt several times and she screams, "Mama.. Mommy... Mama!" How can I not get her.

Up until this week she napped easily after lunch and went to bed around 8PM without waking. Now she wakes like a newborn, fights bedtime until well past 9 PM and her naps are later and later, too.

Phase? I sure hope so!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Mine are (surprising) both asleep. Kyra fell asleep on the way home from gymnastics which amazes me because this is the child who NEVER misses lunch. It is certainly her favorite meal of the day.

My delima is Kyra's in the garage, Lydia's in her bed, I'm downstairs trying to position myself so I can hear BOTH of them if either one should wake.

Look on the bright side. Once you start work you won't have to deal with her lack of a nap until you pick her up! Maybe with all the excitement of daycare you could at least re-establish the 8 o'clock bed time?